What is this blog all about

As you propably already guessed I am a single woman. I have a degree in business and I am making an average salary. I am not making a ton of money but enough to have a steady income. But instead of having a nice emergency fund and some savings, I don't. I know better than that so why on earth am I not being smart with my money?
As I said, I know how to manage money. I know my numbers and I understand that in order to accumulate financial security I should be spending less than is coming in. But somehow, the amount I am spending seems to equal my income, no matter how much or little my income is.. I need to figure out why I am sabotaging my own life and what I need to do differently. I've known this for a while know, yet nothing has changed so far. By having this blog I hope I will be forced to be honest to myself and to really start doing something about it.
My goal is to become wealthy, financially secure. To be more exact my goal is to be wealthy enough not be dependent of my 9 to 5 job for the rest of my life. To simplify, I have divided my goal into steps:

1. stop making debt
2. have an emergency fund
3. pay off high interest debts
4. start investing

And how am I going to do this?

1. cut down expenses
2. get more income
3. save money
4. invest
5. reinvest

Easy right? Just spend less than I make. So why haven't I been doing this before? Have you been using your money wisely? Weather you have or not, please leave a comment. All ideas are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment